Wednesday 6 December 2017

An encouraging dream


Just an outline... (I might 'flesh' this out a bit later... I want to get this down while it's still fresh in my head).

I had an encouraging and reaffirming dream.

Visit one doctor... he didn't care - just too busy. Cut me off.

Another doctor used a simple method to help me think "outside the box" when it came to my disability. He treated people as people, as individuals - and it was really reaffirming.

His simple technique helped me to recognise my problem, use it, and use what I have (ie. my strengths) to help other people in their situations. Even walking through an oil-spill from a car, using my walking stick - I was able to overcome what could have been a big problem, by using my strengths to beat it (I was still able to use my arms to help lift myself out of the situation!)

But then, when it came to an opportunity at myself being able to help someone else in their situation, I jumped at the chance - even tho I was disabled myself.

Helping others in their situation bought me much inner satisfaction and joy.

Part of the way I'm 'wired' is to want to help other people become more effective at what they do. I think that dream just helped reaffirm that, when I was having a 'low' day.

That, and reconnecting with an old friend (thanks for listening MJD! - it meant the world to little ol' me!), had a very positive effect on my psyche.

With this whole MS thing, I know I am still trying to figure out (sometimes subconsciously) how to continue to positively adapt to it all.

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment