Thursday 19 November 2009

Beyond Blue

I'd just like to post some stuff about bipolar disorder [manic depression] and depression, as a background to try to begin to help some of my readers begin to appreciate i] what it's like to experience these debilitating attacks, and ii] how you can help.

Thank you. It's advice my medical advisers suggested I do, as I appreciate that most people don't know "what to do or say" at some points in time. And that's OK.

I'm just posting this stuff to help you. Thank you.

Please read this info from Beyond Blue
( www.beyondblue.org.au ).
Click on the "Bipolar Disorder" tab at the left; then click on the "Helping Others" tab. This should be extremely helpful for you.

You may also check out the Soulstreet website
( www.soulstreet.org ), and click under the heading "Depression" and scroll down to the "What Does It Feel Like" and "Helping Someone" tabs. (Endless thanks to Shelly for this particular site... she is a fellow-sufferer and journeyman).



Please note that I probably won't be posting on this particular blog in the future, as I have moved elsewhere.

Contact me if you'd like more info about that.

Thanks.

Peas be with ewe
Cyalayta,
Mal :)


Subscribe Subscribe to the Gherkin's Feed

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to post stuff like this, it helps other people to understand what a debilitating thing any mental illness is.

    lol @ soulstreet...good site ;)

    ReplyDelete