Monday 24 August 2009

Pommy B@$tards!

One of the first thoughts that popped into my mind, the second I'd read last night that the Aussie cricketers had lost the fifth test and therefore the Ashes series, people would be baying for Ricky Ponting's head [he's the team captain]. Look, here's my take on it - we were beaten by a better team on the day [well, over the five-game series]. That's it. It's no-one's 'fault', we were simply outplayed. Good on ya, England, you outplayed us at some of the most vital moments during the series, which means you won and we didn't. So, there's no need to start sacking people blah blah blah. You win some, you loose some. We can't win everything every - single - time!
I guess people in the post-Ashes media-heat have forgotten that, after an amazing 10+ year streak of virtually winning everything the Aussie cricketers played. Reality check - it's just a game, and sometimes you don't win! But blimey - I sure enjoyed watching some good cricket along the way, for sure! 'Twas my first cricket experience watching games on HDTV, and I'm still gobsmacked at the clarity! I never knew how I spent 44 years watching fuzzy images the old way and staying sane!!! hahaha. I mean... when I was growing-up, one of our old TV antennas was literally sitting atop an old oar, supported by three ropes... when we wanted to change a TV channel, we would have to step out the back door and turn the oar around in a different direction, so we could get clearer reception thru the antenna! hahahaa Good times tho. Speaking of good times... I stumbled across an old-old-old friends' email address earlier this evening, so I wrote her a quick hello. We haven't spoken in a year or two, but it'd be really nice to catch-up again. It's catch-22... I hope she replies and we can catch-up over a cuppa or something, but I'm also nervous as all hell to see her again, because she's always had a special place in my life. I'm not saying anything, I'm just... she's always been a good friend, and it'd be great to reconnect again after a bit of a break thru the circumstances of life.
Peas be with ewe Cyalayta, Mal :)

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

5 comments:

  1. hopefully she still uses the same email...

    I hope that you do get into contact..it's so nice to talk to different people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get a response from your friend.

    I won't even mention the cricket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I have to admit I was feeling the same way! You win some you lose some! Who cares? I however am not a Cricket fan at all. My dad used to hog the "one" tv we had when I was a kid and watch it all day and night while it was on! Maybe I should thank him! LOL! Im not too keen on TV in general.

    Hope your friend gets back to you! Its always great to meet up with good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had HD on a big plasma at the motel and it was amazing. I swear Phill was drooling. LOL

    Hope you catch up with your old friend!

    ReplyDelete