Friday 10 May 2024

My Brother

Mal's Blog Post

My only brother, David, turned 70 in 2024. He is happily married to my "Favourite Sister-in-Law" [an in-joke, as she is my only SiL!], Colleen. They live about a 45-minute car ride away, thankfully.

David Nov. 2023
Colleen and David, Sept. 2023

David is ten years older than I am, and we almost didn't know each other for many years growing up. It wasn't a negative/hostile thing, we just had nothing in common at all.

It wasn't until my late 20s that we connected; now we are "Besties"! Excellent! We can hang out together now, comfortably with no agendas, and talk for hours effortlessly... from solving the World's Problems to talking absolute silliness... it's great. Truly is.

One fascinating thing is that as we are ten years apart, we have different memories and experiences of our parents, at different times in their lives. We miss them of course. (Dad & Mum)

"He's a good bloke".

Colleen and I are close as well... she's also a "Good bloke" [giggles].

➽ Here are some pics of their amazing little garden.


Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment